NOTE: This policy only applies to students who have registered through their organization’s registration portal.
The terms and conditions of the drop and transfer policies are agreed to between eCornell and the Organizational Partner Client. If you wish to drop or transfer out of a course please follow the steps below.
Drop: If a student is requesting to drop out of a course, the request must be made prior to the start of the course. All drop requests must be made by email to email@example.com. Please note that all courses are considered started at 12:01 am Eastern Time (US) of the course start date.
Transfer: If you initiate the process no later than 5 pm ET of the day prior to the start of your course, you may transfer to a different start date.
Follow these steps to transfer your course start date.
- Log into your eCornell Student Portal (portal.ecornell.com)
- Click Enrollment History from the left navigation menu
- Under Current Courses, locate the course you'd like to transfer and click the Change Section
- Use the drop-down menu that appears to Choose a New Section date.
- Click Confirm New Section
- Once the transfer is successful, you will see a confirmation message Section Change Successful
If you have any trouble with this process, please contact the accounting department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the course name and new start date.
Related article: How can I change my course start dates(s) or schedule?