Firstly, welcome to eCornell! We thank you for your registration and hope that you have an excellent experience.
Once your first course begins, you will receive an announcement message from your instructional team when your course materials become available on your selected start date. This announcement will contain all the information you need to be successful in your course. There are no required pre-course activities.
Your course materials are made available precisely at 9:00AM Eastern Time, on the day that your course begins (typically a Wednesday). You aren't required to log on right away when the course opens, but if you'd like to get started as soon as the course opens, you are welcome to. If you are not in the same time zone, feel free to use a world clock website to assist you. If this is your first course and you try to access our course dashboard before it opens, you may be logged out of our system. Please wait until at least 9:00AM ET.
Though there are no required pre-course activities, you can still log into the Student Portal, eCornell's student information system, to gain a basic understanding of its functions. To log in:
- Next, you will be taken to the log-in process. Your username is the email address you used to sign up, and your password was created during registration.
After logging in, you'll be brought to your Student Portal's Home where you can see your schedule of current and future courses.
Note: Dates are sometimes listed in YYYYMMDD format. For example, the first course listed above has a date of 20151111, meaning it begins November 11, 2015. However, in most places, you can ALSO click the title of the course and be directed to a description page which lists the date in a more readable format.
There are several other important places within the portal, all accessible via the left-hand navigation menu. For mobile devices, click the icon, then Student Menu.
|Desktop View||Mobile View|
- Take me to my courses: Once your courses begin, this link takes you into our course environment.
- Profile: You may update / change your password and update personal and / or contact information. Note: this profile information is only visible to eCornell staff and is not available to the public. You also have the option to update and share a public profile within our course dashboard.
- Enrollment History: This is where you may view your schedule, download a record of your coursework (contains a summary of all course / certificate progress), download a confirmation of completion letter, and if eligible, transfer the start dates of your course(s).
- Certificates: Here you may download your certificate once it is completed, view your progress towards your certificate, and select start dates if you have not done so already.
- Account History: In Account History, click on the Basket Number of any transaction on your account to download a PDF receipt.